- adjectivehaving a high price (Freq. 2)-
much too dear for my pocketbook-
a pricey restaurant• Similar to: ↑expensive• Derivationally related forms: ↑price (for: ↑pricy), ↑price (for: ↑pricey), ↑dearness (for: ↑dear), ↑cost (for: ↑costly), ↑costliness (for: ↑costly)
* * *adjexpensive, dear, costly, exorbitant, excessive, extortionate, high, pricey, unreasonableCOLLOQ. steep, stiff≠ cheap
* * *▶ adjective EXPENSIVE, costly, dear; overpriced, exorbitant, extortionate; Brit. over the odds; informal pricey, steep, stiff.
* * */huy"pruyst"/, adj.[1785-95]
* * *highˈ-pricedˈ adjectiveCostly• • •Main Entry: ↑high
* * *high-priced «HY PRYST», adjective.
* * *ˌhigh-ˈpriced [high-priced] adjective usually before nounexpensive
high-priced housing/carsOpp: low-priced
Useful english dictionary. 2012.
Look at other dictionaries:
high-priced — adj costing a lot of money ≠ low priced, inexpensive ↑inexpensive ▪ high priced apartments ▪ high priced lawyers … Dictionary of contemporary English
high-priced — UK US adjective ► expensive: »Worries about the economy are hurting sales of high priced European luxury goods … Financial and business terms
high-priced — index exorbitant, priceless, prohibitive (costly) Burton s Legal Thesaurus. William C. Burton. 2006 … Law dictionary
high-priced — high′ priced′ adj. expensive; costly • Etymology: 1785–95 … From formal English to slang
high-priced — [hī′prīst′] adj. costly; expensive … English World dictionary
high-priced — adjective high priced luxury cars Syn: expensive, costly, dear, big ticket, high end; overpriced, exorbitant, extortionate; informal pricey, steep, stiff … Thesaurus of popular words
high-priced — /huy pruyst /, adj. expensive; costly: a high priced camera. [1785 95] Syn. See expensive. * * * … Universalium
high-priced — I (Roget s IV) modif. Syn. costly, precious, extravagant; see expensive II (Roget s Thesaurus II) adjective Bringing a high price: costly, dear, expensive, high. See TRANSACTIONS, VALUE … English dictionary for students
high-priced — a. Costly, dear, high … New dictionary of synonyms
high-priced — adj expensive, costly, dear, high, Inf. steep, Inf. stiff; exorbitant, excessive, unreasonable, extortionate … A Note on the Style of the synonym finder